Tuesday, April 22, 2008

AT LAST THE SNOW IS GONE!!!!

WHEN I WAS A KID I could hardly wait for the snow to come. Maybe I’m smarter now, I’m certainly older.  So, I like to see the first flakes in October but I wish they would just put in an appearance and then go away. This has been a long, nasty winter. I’m glad its done.  The skies have been pale blue, few clouds, and the temperature has sucked the moisture out of the snow and sent it downstream to the valley floor. Lake Champlain is cresting now and it’s high---very high. It will be hard to get the boat in at the dock which is under water and will be for a long time.
     The fields are flirting with green, and the mountains are preparing for what we call up here The Marching of the Green ---- the leafing out of trees that slowly proceeds up the slopes.  It can take weeks. There is still snow up there, and you can ski it if you climb for it.   Some of my most memorable days skiing were spent climbing in the spring for the lingering snow.  Not this year, I’ve other thing to do. So be it.
    I was thinking about Obama, Iraq, global warming, the crooks in Washington and everywhere else, and suddenly I said, hey, it’s spring. Time for renewal, for hope, for change, for growth, for rebirth.
     GO OBAMA!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment