Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Return to My Blog

I’m so sorry that I have not been blogging for many many months. Sometime soon---a  month or so more --- I will tell you why.  It’s been a rough time in my life adventure.  But, we go on and life changes and we change --- or try to.  Anyway, I’m back and it feels good to blog again. And I’m smiling.  Family and friends and work that you love, that’s what it’s all about. No, it’s not about my health; it’s about loss.

CHOOSE books have been the adventure of my life.  Reaching out to kids and letting them know that they count, that they can make choices, that they can fail and try again, that they can fashion their lives and respond to the challenges along the way.  I love what I do.

I’ve written several books in the last year.  It wasn’t easy, but I’m glad I did it. Two were written for WADA, the World Anti-Doping Agency, to help get kids to consider all the negatives about using drugs to enhance sports performance.  WADA, supported by the International Olympic Committee, is giving these books away to member countries to distribute free to kids. Wow! What a responsibility it was to write these two books: TRACK STAR   and ALWAYS PICKED LAST.

So, I’m back.  I’m so grateful that so many of you have loved reading CHOOSE books.  What I would like is to ask all of you is WHY DO YOU LOVE THE CHOOSE BOOKS?  Send me an e-mail and tell me why.  And, thanks!!!  I’m not looking for praise, I’m curious why the books have touched so many people.  Don’t forget, I’m not the only author.

Best,

Ray   (R. A. )

No comments:

Post a Comment